Why travel to Minorca in September?
The end of summer in Minorca does not come with the month of September. In fact, if you know any resident, they will recommend that you take advantage of the last weeks of summer and the first weeks of autumn to get to know the most authentic Menorca. Why?
The drop in tourism during the months of September and October makes walking around the island much more pleasant and calmer if you are travelling with small children. It is easier to access certain highly recommended beaches, such as Macarella; there is more availability in good restaurants where you can try the typical dishes; and you will really understand the image of "calm" that defines the island. All this accompanied by temperatures that allow you to enjoy swimming in the sea or in the pool without any problems.
And evenings in which to relax with a drink in our facilities, while the youngest members of the family are entertained by the many activities, we have prepared specifically for them.
Take a look at the list of reasons why your holiday in September can be unforgettable.
1. Ideal for activities with babies and children under 6 years old.
Hiking the Camí de Cavalls in August, unless it is early in the morning, can be exhausting, because the heat is intense. However, in September you can schedule some outings along the easier sections. Because with mild temperatures ranging from 19º (minimum) to 26º (maximum), the weather is great. Prepare a family outing and take the children with you to discover the natural wonders of Menorca. A walk around the Albufera des Grau, a visit to the S'Arangí forest, or discovering the island's history in places such as La Mola or Torralba d'en Salort, could be a good plan.
Also a must if you are travelling with children to Menorca is the "Lloc de Menorca", a small zoo where the activities are aimed at children. The GOB wildlife recovery centre is another of the wildlife sanctuaries where you can have a great time discovering native species.
Have you tried the gastronomy of Menorca? Not only the most delicious dishes, but also the typical products of the island. Visit a cattle farm and taste the cheeses, sobrasada and other artisan sausages that are made there. Your children will love to see the animals and will be able to taste all those flavours of Menorca.
There are also less people in the villages of the island and walking through them is a relaxing activity. Tour the markets, sit on a terrace at any of the harbours of Maó, Ciutadella and Fornells. . . Or spend some time in one of the island’s children’s parks! In all the municipalities of the island you will find parks adapted for the little ones, which will make your walks a very fun time.
2. The beaches are waiting for you to enjoy with the family
Menorca’s beaches don’t go anywhere when August ends. But many of the visitors do. This is why, accompanied by the magnificent summer weather that characterizes Menorcan September, it is the ideal time of year to go to the beach with your family. Fewer people, quiescent, more space to swim, or just play in the sand with the little ones of the house.
Getting to some virgin coves such as Macarella, Cala Mitjana or Son Saura will be easier because there is less traffic on the roads and more parking available. It will also be easier to leave the towel on the sandbanks of Cala Galdana, one of the beaches with more services for adults and children. Even the nearby Son Bou, which lies in front of our hotel, will offer a much clearer look.
You may be interested in our article: The 5 best beaches to go with children in Menorca
3. Fun for babies and young children
The island’s playgrounds are just a complement to all the activities you can find at the Royal Son Bou Family. Because we don’t stop! Write down well in your holiday plan what we have prepared for them for this month of September.
- Quietness with the Baby Club. For the newest moms and dads, we maintain the Baby Club service for babies from 0 to 2 years old. Our animators will take care of them while the parents enjoy a bit of relaxation by the pool. The Baby Club takes place within the facilities of our Kikoland Park, an enclosed space where the little ones will enjoy playing with paintings, plasticine and a lot of activities more suited to their age.
- The Mini Club adventure. For siblings from 3 to 4 years old, the activities we have prepared include some trips to Son Bou beach or some visits to the animal farm of Trogloland. We complement it with games in the pool and a list of workshops and activities with which, in addition to having fun, you can learn new skills.
- The magic of the Maxi Club. For boys and girls between the ages of 5 and 6, we have plenty of surprises with which to stimulate their curiosity and foster their learning abilities. Fantasy plays an important role in the Maxi Club, where we have a lot of games as fun as Twister or Giant Tic-Tac-Toe
- Royal Club. For the elderly who have never stopped being children, we also have a space dedicated to leisure. Classic games like foosball, pool or ping-pong never go out of fashion. No matter how many years the ID card shows.
4. Menorca is cheaper in September
The high season (July and August) ends with the last day of August in terms of prices. But not in terms of quality, climate and activities. Some people will tell you that they prefer this month because there is more tranquility, there are no crowds, and walking along Son Bou beach, the longest on the island, becomes a magical walk.
Flights to the island are also usually cheaper, making it easier to schedule a family getaway. And as there is more availability of services, actions such as renting a car to tour Menorca also go down in price.
5. Our services for infants and children under 6 years
If you still lack reasons to put the whole family on the plane and come to Menorca to spend a few days of relaxation, we will give you the definitive push. For some people, traveling with children, especially if they are young, can be a challenging experience. But at Royal Son Bou we think it’s the opposite. Spending time together, without having to worry about the needs of the younger members of the house, is something we carry in our DNA. This is why we have a lot of baby and toddler-friendly services.
Take a look at the list and you’ll see that nothing is missing:
- Our entire hotel is designed for a holiday with babies like changing rooms and children’s bathrooms in the common areas.
- In the Royal Son Bou apartments you have everything you need for your baby: from a free high chair and crib, to plug protectors for peace of mind.
- And when it comes to meals, we think of them, too. Ask for the choice of puree to taste at lunch and dinner times at Los Olivos Restaurant.
- Is it difficult to carry all the necessary equipment to walk with your baby? Don’t worry, because at Royal Son Bou you have a service to rent baby carriages and backpacks, so that you can make the trip to Menorca lighter.
Our ultimate goal is to make you feel at home, spending an unforgettable holiday in Menorca at one of the best times of the year on the island.